Thursday, May 17, 2007

Accident Prone



Poor Paulie...he just seems to have bad luck when it comes to falling. He isn't even five yet, and he has already fallen down stairs and had stitches above his eye, broken his thumb falling while running around the house, knocked out his front tooth while running (slowly!) behind our house, and that isn't even counting all the bumps and bruises he seems to get. I think he just hasn't figured out how to catch himself properly. This morning, while shopping at a store with a slippery concrete floor, he somehow slipped while running to catch up with me, again not very fast! When I looked down, he was face down on the floor with his arms straight out in front of him, kind of like a flying superman. I really thought he had knocked out his other front tooth, but luckily it was just a blow to his forehead. He now has a HUGE bump. I will have to post a picture soon.
He really is amazing in other ways, teaching himself to read, adding and subtracting in his head, and forcing himself to memorize the states in alphabetical order, that I am not worried that all his accidents have damaged him in some way! The way I figure it, he is so ahead mentally that his body is just taking a little longer to catch up. In the meantime, we just have to be careful!

1 comment:

TheGeneticGenealogist said...

Poor kid! Eli is a little klutzy too, but he gets that from his mom!

By the way, I was just checking out your clustrmap (I have one too, they're pretty cool), and I recognize a lot of those spots on there!

Locations of visitors to this page