Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back in Time--Part III (Mid December-December 23)



What a last few weeks we have had! On 12/16, my parents, Krista and Rainer, and their two kids, Lukas and Maggie, arrived for 2 weeks. The only problem was that while they were here, a stomach bug made its rounds through the house. Luckily (or unluckily for him) Paul was the only adult to get it. It seemed like for a week straight, my kids were carrying big bowls around with them, 'just in case'. I won't talk anymore about that...its best left in the past.
I have yet another web album with a ton of pictures we have taken. In case you are wondering about the kids in the photos, there are our 4 kids, as well as my sister's 2 kids. Luki is 3, 5 days older than Anna, and Maggie is 14 months. They are really cute little kids. Luki is at an age that he loves Thomas the Tank Engine, just like my boys did at that age. Maggie is walking and has a mouth full of teeth, although she has less hair than Sophia does. My sister was like that when she was little too.
Just after they all arrived, my neighbor, Paulette (the lady with the blonde hair in the pictures) arranged for Santa to come visit. He came in, sat in a big chair, and the kids took turns sitting on his lap. He had a small toy for each child, as well as candycanes. It was a complete surprise for the kids and it was very fun for everyone. My sister's son was the bravest of all, and my daughter Anna was definately the most scared. She wouldn't let go of Paul's neck the whole time Santa was here.
There are also some pictures of my birthday, which was on the 22nd. My mom made a nice breakfast for us, and we opened presents. I got a nice Columbia coat from Paul and the kids, a waffle maker and some pottery from my sister and her family, and some more pottery, a chip and dip set, an apron, and some cute little things from my parents. I also got a garlic keeper and the promise of one of these from my mother-in-law and Jack (I can't wait!). I love all the things I got. It was a really nice birthday. I baked some cookies and we had a nice time. Poor Paul was in bed most of the day though...I wonder if he was faking?! :)
I will post some Christmas pictures later. Thanks for reading this much!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page