Friday, March 14, 2008

More pictures and an update

I haven't posted in so long, so I am going to start by giving you an update on each child, and then an update as to what we all have been up to together.

Joey is still in karate. Sensei actually wanted him to move up to the next class, one that requires twice as much time during the week. He is the youngest in the class, as well as the smallest, but he seems to be doing well with it. there are 3 other boys and 3 girls that he has to get to know now, but they seem to be very encouraging to him and telling him that he is doing a great job. The only problem is that we have had to adjust our dinner time on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We now have to eat when he gets home, around 6:45. It is hard for me to make this adjustment, as I see the family dinner time as somewhat sacred. I do believe this is good for him though, so we will stick it out! Joey is also going to start baseball soon. He is in pitching machine this year. Paul took him to the batting cages the other day, and he seems to be hitting pretty well. That all starts in April.
A couple weeks ago, Joey also started piano (can you tell we have been busy lately?). He actually isn't too crazy about it, but I am making him do it for now. I think he needs to have some basic music education, especially since he isn't getting it in school like other kids might be. The teacher seems great, and is just down the street. I take the boys during the day, so it doesn't cut into family time at night. More on that later.
First Communion is coming up soon. We went to mass today and Joey followed along in his missal. he really is growing up so fast. Altogether he is a busy boy with a lot on his mind and a lot to say!
Paulie has been doing great lately. He also started Piano, and he seems to like it more than his brother. The other day, the teacher had him play for almost an hour (she keeps them as long as she thinks they can handle...and doesn't ask any more money!). He likes to practice and do the writing work for his lessons. I mentioned a while ago that Paulie tends to be accident prone...something he is getting embarrassed about lately. The other day, he was dancing. He slipped and hit his head on our radiator in the living room. It swelled up like crazy and even broke the skin. He insisted on having a bandaid for it, but now won't take it off because he doesn't want anyone to see it. Little does he know that the bandaid draws more attention than the actual wound would have! Paulie is going to be in T-ball this year, and has been getting a pretty good swing too. Paul has been pitching to him in the yard and he is definately improving and starting to like it. He is still a quiet kid and always thinking about what is going on. He is very observant and very bright.
Anna started dance class a few weeks ago! She is in a class with other 3-4 year old girls and they all wear pink leotards. It is so funny to see her with other girls and she is very sweet. She doesn't jump or leap like the girls do...I guess she hasn't watched many ballerinas. She runs and jumps like a boy, which I think is very cute and endearing. I am sure she will learn as time goes on. Every week, when the boys have piano, Anna and I go for a walk. The other day I let her choose where to go at each intersection. She thought it was so funny that she got to tell me where to go and it was a beautiful spring day to look at flowers and bugs.
We saw a telephone pole covered in hundreds of bugs that looked similar to this one. I think they had all come out of cracks in the wood because it was so warm. Anna didn't seem to mind seeing so many bugs. (This is a great website, by the way, to find out what bug you are looking at!)
Anna is getting so grown up!









Sophia is going to be a year next month! she is saying more words than other other kids have at this stage...MAMA, DADA, More, Doll, bye-bye. She waves bye as she is saying byebye. Also, she says doll when she holds her doll. I don't think anyone else was so happy to hold a doll at this early an age. She hugs it and pats it on the back. I will have to get a picture of this. Sophia doesn't show any signs of wanting to walk and doesn't pull herself up on anything yet. She doesn't crawl either, but she sure can get around fast by scooting. It works better for her too, because she can hold something in one hand and just use one had to help her scoot. She loves to make everyone laugh and is at an age that she is getting very good at giving hugs. This is such a sweet age.

We all just got back from a trip to see friends and family. Our friends had a new baby and asked us to be Godparents, so we got to meet little Thomas Jude Paul. I have pictures of the trip here...

I also have more pictures of us at home. Some of them have captions, so check them out!!!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page