I told myself when I started this blog that it would merely be about our family, with a few links of interest. Paul said I should stay away from anything confrontational, and besides the occasional link to Ron Paul, I have done that. However, this is something I can't just let go by, without a mention, because it just means too much to me to do so. A few days ago was the 35th anniversary of Roe v. Wade in the US. During that time, something like 46 million babies have been aborted. That is a number that is inconceivable to me...utterly unmentionable. When I look at the smiles on the faces of my 4 children, it becomes even more unmentionable to me. Here is a video from the Pro-life March in Washington DC, with a very passionate speaker, who happens to be named Ron Paul, MD. By the way, he was the only presidential candidate to show up!
I have wished over the last few years that we could go to the march...hopefully one of these years we will be able to make it. Friends who have gone have said it is such an amazing experience. Here is a page with pictures from the march...check out the last picture of the rainbow...how amazing!
Here is another link...pictures from the Pro-life Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in DC...it does give you a sense of optimism to see this many people turning out to support what I believe to be the most important cause of all.
Ok, I will get off my soapbox now...back to your regularly scheduled show of pictures of my children!
Pope John Paul II's Pro-Life Prayer
Oh Mary, we entrust to you the cause of life.
Look down upon the vast numbers of babies not allowed to be born.
Grant all who believe in your Son to proclaim the Gospel of Life.
Obtain for them the grace to accept that Gospel as a gift ever new, to bear witness to it resolutely, to the praise and glory of God, the Creator and Lover of Life.
Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment