Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Water Horse


New Years Day we thought about taking the kids to a movie. We drove by and saw what was playing...of course, everyone wanted to see something different. Paulie and I both wanted to see The Water Horse, and since no one else could really make up their minds, Paul and I thought it might be neat if I took him myself, along with Sophia of course.
It was really nice to go out alone with Paulie...I am going to try to do it with Joey one of these days too. He sat there the whole time, mesmerized. It was a good movie too...nothing objectionable and full of things that little boys like.
Paulie...oops, PAULY is how he likes to spell his name now. Pauly seems to be getting so big, but in front of that big movie screen he looked so little. He is so different from Joey, who wears his feelings on his sleeve. There were a few sad parts in the movie, and afterwards I asked him how he liked it. "Good," he said. "Did you think it was sad?" I asked. "Yes," he said. "What parts?" "Not telling," was his answer. A boy of few words, but I could tell the whole movie was in his mind, waiting to be replayed as he was falling asleep that night.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page