Saturday, May 24, 2008

Birding

We have a few bird feeders outside our living room window, as well as a bird bath. Each morning we can see the local birds feeding and it is fun to see what different types of birds will show up. Here are some of the birds that we have recognized. I have posted about this in the past, so if you want to see some other birds that we have seen, just look at my older posts.


Ok, this one wasn't at our feeder, but he was in the top of a tree about 100 yards away from our house. He sat there for a few hours and we all got a good look at him. Bald Eagle







So, we go from the most exciting sighting to probably the most ordinary of birds...European Starling.















California Quail...this wasn't actually at our feeder, but we do have them in our neighborhood.








Red-winged Blackbird. I always liked these birds, and I was surprised to see one at our feeder, as they spend a lot of time in wetlands.
















I had never seen a Rufous-Sided Towhee before, and we only saw one at our feeder. He was actually foraging around in the leaves on the ground. We was surprised at how big he was.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page