Pictures, stories and the daily antics of a homeschooling family of 6
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Learning about Volcanoes
Something I love about homeschooling is that we are able to find moments in which to learn, at every turn of life. We are going to be visiting Oregon very soon and driving around much of the state. We are going to visit Mt. Hood, Mt. Bachelor, and the mountain formally known as Mt Mazama. For those who don't know, it is also called Crater Lake. We are trying to pick up some information about volcanoes before we start our trip. The other day we made a salt dough volcano, formed around a plastic water bottle. Then, with the magic of vinegar and baking soda, along with some red food coloring, we had an erupting volcano. I have to admit, I was a little disappointed...I was expecting more of an explosion, but I suppose we should be happy with what we get. It was a fun afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment