Well, we had being doing school for a couple weeks now, but with our vacation, visiting neighbor children during the day and painting the house, things have gotten a little off track. Today was our official first day of school and I took the obligatory pictures in front of our favorite tree in our yard. I take the pictures here every year so I can see how much the kids change. It was cold this morning, so the kids are a little hunched over!
Anyway, we are off and running, and with the days we did school over the past month, we are already 3 weeks ahead! What a deal!
We are using Seton this year, with plenty of enrichment activities thrown in, depending on the liturgical season, holiday, or whatever we happen upon during our daily life. I also still have our timeline up on the living room wall, so whenever we learn about someone or someone in history, we make a little picture of it and tape it on the appropriate place in time. It really helps to put things in perspective for the kids.
This year, Joey is starting 3rd grade, Paulie is in 2nd, and Anna is doing preschool work. How exciting! Sophia is focusing on playdough and coloring this year.






No comments:
Post a Comment