Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What a difference paint makes






Well, the time had come to do a little updating in this poor old house. I am not sure when the woodwork, baseboards and crown moulding were painted last, but they had old lead paint that was chipping. Not nice. So, a few weeks ago a painter came and did the whole upstairs...top to bottom. Here are some photos of the three bedrooms. He hasn't finished the hallway yet, but that is going to be soon. I don't think the colors came out very well on these pictures. The girls room is a tan color, the boys is a smoky blue (in these pictures it looks similar to what was there before, but it is a much nicer color), and our room is a dark lavender. We are really happy with all of it. The hall has the most wood, with the banister and everything, so it is going to be quite a contrast when it is done. It is going to be a lighter shade of the tan in the girls' room. I can't wait...it already makes such a big difference and seem so much cleaner. And, yes, the dressers are a mess...I have to put some of that stuff on the walls, and organize the rest...

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page